Microsoft office error code 12002-28
Error Code 12002-28 Live Assist Support:
Error Code 12002-28 of Microsoft Office commonly occurs because of an existing installation of MS Office pack in your computer system.
Please note that this error is relevant to all the editions of Microsoft Office 2013, office 2016 and Microsoft Office 365.
This can occur in the below-enlisted versions of the MS Operating System
- Windows Server Edition of the year 2012/2008
- Windows 7 /8 /8.1/10
You can also check the event log for more information about office installation errors by selecting the event source VSTO4.0 from windows applications logs. Here providing some example screenshots how to check log and office licensing event issues.
|Name of the error code||Error code 12002-28|
|Office version||Office 2010/2013/365|
|Event source||VSTO 4.0|
|Description||The description for Event 756 0 from source Office 2013 Licensing Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.|
Symptoms/Indications Error Code 12002-28 :
It is noteworthy that the detection of the Error Code 12002-28 in the earlier stages of the installation process can help you save a lot of time and effort. And there is no requirement of being a techno-savvy to detect the early warning signs of this kind of error.
The following are certain critical signs of Error Code 12002-28 :
- The installation process of Microsoft Office will stop in an abrupt
- An error message will be displayed on your screen when you open office 365/2010/2013 program every time.
- The performance of your computer becomes slow and often hangs.
Causes for the Office Error Code 12002-28 :
When it comes to the technical failures, then there can be multiple numbers of factors contributing to the occurrence of this kind of installation error code 12002-28. They are given below-
- The slow speed of the Internet while installing Office program that may pause the background installation process abruptly.
- A previous Office installation that failed or corrupt.
- Domain Name System conflict issue (DNS).
- The security settings of your computer, software or the firewall blocking the installation process.
- Proxy Settings that are active on your computer.
- The pre-existing versions of the Office Suite.
- Failed Repair/Change/Partial/Removal/Incomplete/Installation of Office Suite.
How to fix Error Code 12002-28 :
- Turn-off the firewall settings and anti-virus
- Remove the temp files
- Perform the system file scanning
- Repair/remove the installed office software
- Update the pending software patches from Microsoft.
- Re-install the office package from MS account
1.Turn-off windows firewall:
Firstly, it is advisable to TURN OFF all the security settings, including the Firewall and security software. Then, if you have an antivirus security software installed on your computer, then TURN OFF the same on a temporary basis.
2.Remove the temp files:-
- Go to path C:\Windows\Temp
- Select all files and click on delete
- Type %temp% in start menu search bar,
- delete all files, you can skip files that are running in the background.
3.Perform the SFC scan:-
- Click on the Start button
- Type CMD
- Right click and run as an ADMINISTRATOR
- Type the command SFC /SCANNOW in the command window
- and press <ENTER>
Video tutorial of SFC scan for the error code 12002-28 :
It will take some time to finish the scanning process , if it shows any errors in the results you need to do proper action suitable to the error.
4.Repair/remove existing office software:-
If the error code 12002-28 still persists, please do Repair to the existing or half-installed Office package on your computer.
Then, proceed with the installation of Office 365 Suite or Office 2013
Steps to follow before Re-installation of office software:-
Now remove office files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared (if you found any traces from an older version) then re-install the office program from your Microsoft account.
For additional support, chat with our online experts to take remote assistance.
Still, need help!.