Error Code 0x80070003 is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or there are network related glitches.
Reasons for this Error Code 0x80070003 :
Usual causes for this error code 0x80070003 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Troubleshooting steps for Error Code 0x80070003:
Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
The procedure to disable the proxy connection is as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Goto Connections and LAN Settings
- Check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
The second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
Repair the Windows Update Services to fix Error Code 0x80070003 :
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this error 0x80070003 while updating Windows.
Try the Below Steps to Repair Windows Services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledgebase articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
NOTE: Following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Open a command prompt as administrator by right-clicking on it.
- Goto c:\windows\
- Rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command-line net stop wuauserv and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- Use this command “net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Check for updates now.
For any additional support in fixing windows update related errors like Error code 0x80070003 or any, you can reach us on chat here to get instant Help and Support.