Changing from Office 365 to Office 2021
When changing from Office 365 to Office 2021, one should install Office 2021 and you will get an “invalid product key” message, the problem might be that you already have Microsoft 365 or an Microsoft 365 Trial installed.
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for the newest version of Office.
- Run the Microsoft Office Setup program on a computer with an earlier version of Office installed.
- If you uninstall office before installing the new version, your Office files will not be deleted.
Before you can install Office, you should remove Microsoft 365.
To do this,
- Firstly, click on the Start button and type control panel.
- After that, press Enter, and then click Uninstall a program.
- Finally, select Microsoft 365 and click Uninstall
Uninstall Microsoft 365 and install Office 2021
Steps to uninstall:
- Firstly, Open Settings and go to Apps & features option.
- Secondly, select the Microsoft Office 365 installation such as
- Microsoft Office 365 Home,
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021, or
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019.
- After this, click on the Uninstall button and continue with the on-screen directions to complete the task.
- Finally, the Office application will be removed from your system.
Depending on your browser,
- Firstly, select Setup (in Chrome). If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes. The installation starts
- After that, once the install is compete you will see a message stating, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your system.
- Finally, select the Close button.
If you are still not able to change, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, we give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.