Windows update Error 80240016 windows 10 update issue occurs in latest Windows operating systems while updating or upgrading fails from previous version Windows windows 8 and Windows 7.
Error Code 80240016 Solutions:
It also happens when your computer hardware changes before updating to the newer version of Windows 10 OS. The pic shows the error screen with error code 80240016 in Windows 10.
The solution applies the following versions of Microsoft Windows
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, 10
Causes of Windows update error 80240016 :
- Internet connectivity issue
- Temp store file location contains active malware
Steps to Fix the Troubleshooting Windows Update Error 80240016:
Updated outdated drivers in Windows:
Windows allows manually updated the divers. In case Windows 10 automatically download the new drivers or you install the new drivers from the downloaded manufacture’s website.to identify your hardware drivers and find suitable drivers from the manufactures and updated manually.
- Open the system and go to the start menu.
- Then enter the control panel from the search box and open it.
- Here we go to click on system and security after that go to click on system.
- Then open the new window and go to click on advanced system settings.
- Then open the system properties window and open the hardware and go to click on device installation setting.
- Finally, open the new window and click on related option and press save changes.
If you choose the former, Windows will automatically install the driver and ask you to reboot the computer afterward. The latter allows you to update the driver with the driver file that you have downloaded.
Reinstall Windows Update:
- Open the Run Window through the Windows key+R
- Then enter the services.msc in the command box and press ok.
- Right-click Windows Update in the Services management console, and then select Stop. If you are running Windows, right-click Automatic Updates, and then select Stop.
- After Windows Update stops, right-click Windows Update, and then select Start. If you are running Windows, right-click Automatic Updates, and then select Start.
Check Corrupted System Files:
- Goto the Windows key+R and click it.
- Then open the Run Window and enter the cmd in a search box after that press ok.
- Then open the command prompt and type the command SFC/Scannow in the command prompt and press enter.
- The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily:
- Open the system and goto the start menu
- After that enter, the firewall in the search box then left click on the Windows firewall in control panel.
- Then click on Turn on Windows Firewall on or off.
- Open both firewalls like private and public.
- Then set both firewalls to turn off and press ok.
- After that goto the start menu and enter the cmd in the search box.
- Then right-click on the cmd and select the Run as administrator and press yes.
Finally, some commands are entered in the command prompt and press enter.
For additional on Error Code 80240016 support chat with our Technical Support.