Error Code 80070663 is commonly caused due to the .NET framework installation failure. These are the following ways in which you can attempt to correct this error.
This 80070663 error code might occur because of improper removal of the previous version of office. ,
This Error Code 80070663 applies for all versions of windows like Windows 10, Windows 8 & 8.1 and Windows 7.
Disclaimers: Before you attempt to fix an issue with the windows update, we highly recommend you to take a registry backup and create a system restore point as a precaution method. In case if something goes wrong, we can restore your computer to the same stage and fix the issues. (In case if you not sure how to back it up, talk to an expert for assistance.)
This .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 won’t come with pre-installed. Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, and must be separately enabled to run applications that depend on it. To enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel to avoid Error code 80070663.
Note: Make sure you have set correct Date and time on your computer, try to install pending updates through other available networks. Run windows update troubleshooter.
- Control Panel> Programs and Features.
- Turn Windows features on or off then check .NET framework 3.5 . The pre-requisites should installed.
- If it is not successful uninstall the KB’s related to .NET framework 3.5 and then re-install them.
- Restart your computer if needed.
If the windows update error code 80070663 still exists, follow some more steps to fix the issue and install/upgrade/update your operating system.
You can try these solutions to fix windows update error 80070663 while updating/upgrading:-
- Perform a sfc scan so that you can fix potentially corrupted or missing files, most of the cases this system file scan fix common issues with the file system.
- To do a restore to healthy previous setup with command prompt to fix potentially corrupted or missing files
- Using windows update troubleshooter fix it a tool, this is also a good tool to automatically fix most common issues.
- By cleaning SDF (Software distribution folder) for a clean slate for Windows Update or renaming so machine itself creates a fresh one in next update.
- Resetting PC
Simple SFC scan method for common file system issues to fix windows update error:-
System file scanning process is very simple to try while fixing issues with windows issues. Just follow these steps.
- Open command prompt in admin mode, to do this Type CMD in windows start menu search and right-click on CMD application to get through Run as admin option.
- In the command prompt window, type SFC/SCANNOW and press enter,
- The scanning process takes some time to return results.
Using restore health option to fix corrupted files:-
For most the serious issues, and to save your time the best way to fix these critical issues are restoring to good healthy partition. Before doing this stop the windows update services.
Open the command prompt as admin (Mentioned above in sfc scan process), Then instead of running sfc scannow command type this following command in the window.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
After sometime your machine will be restored to a good healthy state. Now you can start your windows updates as usual.
Windows update troubleshooter/fix it tool:-
Microsoft has released several fix it tools/patches for most of updates issues. Depends on your requirement choose the right fix it tool for your issue and run it on your machine. This will help you when there are simple issues like folder missing errors, permissions related issues.
Download Fixit tool- for WINDOWS 10 click here, for window 7/8/8.1 click here.