This post mainly about to fix the Windows update error code 80073701 and related error windows update errors in windows 10/8 operating system. These steps should help with all errors and not just the ones listed. If you have reached this step and it is not solved then it will advise you to reset the computer.
Solutions for Windows Update Error Code 80073701
Disclaimers: Before you attempt to fix an issue with the windows update, we highly recommend you to take a registry backup and create a system restore point as a precaution method. In case if something goes wrong, we can restore your computer to the same stage and fix the issues. (In case if you not sure how to back it up, talk to an expert for assistance.)
Windows Update Error Code 80073701 Support:
Downloading updates should be set on to update automatically but this does come with its own problems. One of them being if you are a person that uses a pre-paid data service it could use up all your data and you will probably be unaware that it is happening.
Generally, Windows updates use a lot of data and if there is a problem with the particular network that you are using it could have problems due to the length of time it takes and if it is a poor network the interruptions could cause errors with the update.
The solution applies the following versions of Microsoft Windows
Causes of Windows Update Error Code 80073701 :
- Internet connectivity issue
- Temp store file location contains active malware
Steps to Fix the Troubleshooting Windows Update Error Code 80073701:
Updated outdated drivers in Windows:
Windows allows manually updated the divers. In case Windows 10 automatically download the new drivers or you install the new drivers from the downloaded manufacture’s website.to identify your hardware drivers and find suitable drivers from the manufactures and updated manually.
- Open the system and go to the start menu.
- Then enter the control panel from the search box and open it.
- Here we go to click on system and security after that go to click on system.
- Then open the new window and go to click on advanced system settings.
- Then open the system properties window and open the hardware and go to click on device installation settings.
- Finally, open the new window and click on related options and press save changes.
If you choose the former, Windows will automatically install the driver and ask you to reboot the computer afterward. The latter allows you to update the driver with the driver file that you have downloaded. This step should fix windows update error 80073701 and related errors.
Reinstall Windows Update:
- Open the Run Window through the Windows key+R
- Then enter the services.msc in the command box and press ok.
- Right-click Windows Update in the Services management console, and then select Stop.
- If you are running Windows, right-click Automatic Updates, and then select Stop.
- After Windows Update stops, right-click Windows Update, and then select Start.
- If you are running Windows, right-click Automatic Updates, and then select Start.
Check Corrupted System Files:
- Goto the Windows key+R and click it.
- Then open the Run Window and enter the cmd in a search box after that press ok.
- Then open the command prompt and type the command SFC/Scannow in the command prompt and press enter.
- The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily:
- Open the system and goto the start menu
- After that enter, the firewall in the search box then left-clicks on the Windows firewall in the control panel.
- Then click Turn on Windows Firewall on or off.
- Open both firewalls like private and public.
- Then set both firewalls to turn off and press ok.
- After that goto the start menu and enter the cmd in the search box.
- Then right-click on the cmd and select the Run as administrator and press yes.
- Finally, some commands are entered in the command prompt and press enter.
Then finally Re-enable your firewall is on.
If the issue still persists, please initiate the chat, One of our Certified Microsoft technicians will help you. If you are having issues with upgrading/updating the operating system/office products on your computer please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide support for Microsoft products like Windows and Office and Outlook, we can also set up free tools provided and included with Microsoft Windows and can train you on how to use them to maintain the health of your computer. You can also ask for System Repair Image support or some Recovery help, we also restore your computer to a point when it was working fine without any issues.
Still Need Support, Chat with us for Technical Experts.