Error code 0xc80003f3
0xc80003f3 error code is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 7 update system is broken or there are network related glitches.
Reasons for this error code 0xc80003f3
Usual causes for this error code 0xc80003f3 are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Troubleshooting steps for error code 0xc80003f3
Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update.
The procedure to disable the proxy connection is as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Goto Connections and LAN Settings
- Check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
Repair the Windows update services to fix error code 0xc80003f3 :
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this error 0xc80003f3 while updating Windows. Try the below steps to repair Windows services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
NOTE: following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
Solution steps error code 0xc80003f3 :
- Open command prompt as administrator by right clicking on it.
- Goto c:\windows\
- Rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line net stop wuauserv and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- Use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Check for updates now.
For any additional support in fixing windows update related errors like Error code 0xc80003f3 or any, you can reach us on chat here to get the instant help and support.
Read More Error codes:
c80003fa 8e5e03fa 800f020b 80246007 c80003f3 80240016 0x80070026 0x80070006 0xc190020e 0x800700c1 8007370b 0x800705b4 800f080d 0x800c8101 0x80070002 8007370a 0x80070017 800b0101 80072efd 0x8007025d 0x8024402f 0x8e5e03fb c80003fe 8007371b