Windows 11 22H2 update not installing and throws error message 0x800f0806
Windows 11 22H2 update is the latest Operating System (OS) for desktop PCs and laptops. Similar to older versions, the system usually receives some big updates from time to time.
Many users are facing issues when trying to update. More specifically, they are unable to install the latest Windows 11 22H2 update due to a Download error message 0x800f0806. In this article, we will discuss on the different methods to be followed to resolve this error message 0x800f0806.
How to fix Windows 11 22H2 update not installing error?
Reset Windows 11 22H2 update
To reset Windows Update using the Troubleshoot feature on Windows 11, use these steps:
- Firstly, open Settings – > System,
- After that, go to Troubleshoot tab and select Other troubleshooters setting.
- Then, Under the “Most frequent” section, click the Run button for the “Windows Update” option.
- After this, Continue with the on-screen directions.
Once the computer restarts, try to update Windows 11 one more time, and now it should work as expected.
Manually install Windows11 22H2 update
To install an update manually to fix problems with Windows Update on Windows 11, use these steps:
- Firstly, open the Windows 11 update history website.
- Secondly, select the latest update of Windows 11 from the left pane and note the update’s “KB” number.
- After that, click the Download button for the latest Windows 11 update.
- Then, click the “.msu” download link and save the file on the device.
- Now, double-click the package to install it and fix Windows Update problems.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Repairing corrupted files
To repair system files to fix Windows 11 update problems, use these steps:
- Open Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following DISM command dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to repair corrupted system files and press Enter
Run SFC Scan
To run the SFC scan,
- Firstly, open the command prompt and Run as Administrator.
- After that, type the following SFC command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Finally, after following all these methods to fix the Windows 11 22H2 update not installing or throws ‘Download error – 0x800f0806’ message, we suggest you to chat with our experts. I am sure they will assist you with assurance and resolve your issue.
You can also visit our website for more details and information regarding the Windows 11 updates.