Quick Ways to Fix Error Code 80072efd While Update Windows 10/11
Error Code 80072efd is common for all the Windows Operating systems when you try to install the updates. It usually appears when Windows 10 or Windows 11 update system is broken or there are network related glitches. Here in this article, our experts will provide you the best troubleshooting methods and repair services to resolve this error code 80072efd in Windows 10/11 update completely.
How does this Windows 10 Update Error Code 80072efd pop up?
Usual causes for this error code 80072efd are communication failure over the internet with Microsoft update servers.
Troubleshooting Steps for Update Error Code 80072efd in Windows 10/11
Disable the proxy internet connection and try again to install the update to fix this windows 11 update error code 80072efd.
The Procedure to Disable the Proxy Connection is as Follows
- Firstly, Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options.
- Secondly, go to Connections and LAN Settings.
- Finally. check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Similarly, Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
Repair the Windows Update Services
Try the Below Steps to Repair Windows Services
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove office programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines. This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
Following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Firstly, open Command Prompt as Administrator by right clicking on it
- Secondly, go to c:\windows\
- After this, rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line “net stop wuauserv” and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- After that, Use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Finally, check for updates now
For any additional support in fixing windows update related errors like Error code 80072efd or any, you can reach us on chat here to get instant Help and Support.
Tags: Error Code 80072efd, How to fix Error Code 80072efd, Solutions for Error Code 80072efd
How to solve error code 8024400a in windows 10/11 update
Solutions for Windows Update Error Code 0x80070422
Windows 10/11 update error code 0x800700c1
How to Fix Error Code 0x80080005 in Windows 10/11 Update?
[Fixed] Windows Update Error Code 0x800b010a