Error code 0x80073701 is a Windows Update error that indicates that there was a problem installing updates on your computer. This error code can occur for various reasons, including missing or corrupted system files, conflicts with installed software, or problems with the Windows Update service.
In the Windows 10 / windows 11 Update, some customers say that they come across a Windows update error 0x80073701 and fail to deploy some updates or fail to install the Windows updates
The Windows Error Code 0x80073701 may also stop you from downloading and installing the most current Windows updates. Let’s have a look at how to get it fixed.
Causes of this error code 0x80073701 :
If you’ve obtained this message on your computer, it suggests trouble with your system’s functionality. Update Error code 0x80073701 is one of the errors the user may have if they established or uninstalled packages and functions that didn’t work properly or didn’t work at all.
The system should have left corrupt data, files, or cookies in the computer, which caused the device to go unstable and show the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80073701.
Other feasible ways consist of an flawed approach of shutting down the pc triggered with the aid of a power outage or any individual with restricted technical data mistakenly did in a way with a deleting of a device file.
Windows Update Troubleshooter/Fix it Tool
- Microsoft has launched a number of fix-it tools/patches for most of the updates issues. Depending on your requirement, select the proper repair device for your trouble and run it on your machine. This will assist you when there are easy troubles like folder lacking errors, permissions-related issues.
- Download repair it tool- for WINDOWS 10 click on here, for window 7/8/8.1.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Click on the Start menu and type “troubleshoot” in the search box.
- Click on “Troubleshoot settings” and then select “Windows Update” under “Get up and running”.
- Follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter and see if it resolves the issue.
SDF Cleaning Method
In this method, we clean and recreate the software distribution folder by deleting all temporary files in it.
- Go to C:/ drive, then open the windows named folder in it
- Open Software Distribution folder (SDF)
- Open the Data Store folder and then delete all files and folders in it
- Again go back to the Software Distribution folder, open the Download folder and delete all files in it
Note: while deleting, it may prompt for admin permission. If you are logged in as an admin user. just click on ok to proceed
SFC Scan Method to fix Error Code 0x80073701:
- The system file scanning method is very easy to attempt whilst fixing troubles with Windows Update issues. Just observe and follow with these steps
- Open command prompt in admin mode, to do this Type in CMD windows start menu search and click on on CMD software to get through Run as admin option
- In the command instantaneous window, type SFC/SCANNOW and press enter
- The scanning system takes some time to return results
Reset Windows Update Components:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the following commands one at a time,
- pressing Enter after each one:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptsvc
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptsvc
- net start msiserver
Restore Health Option to Fix Corrupted Files for Error Code 0x80073701
- For most of the serious issues, and to utilise your time,
- The proper way to repair these fundamental issues is restoring a good partition.
- Before doing this give up the Windows update services.
- Open the command prompt as admin (Mentioned above in sfc scan process),
- Then alternatively run sfc scannow command type this following command in the window.
These are the most common solutions for the Finally Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80073701 If you are still not able to resolve this error, we suggest you to chat with our assured experts. I am sure they will give you the best solutions to resolve this Update error Update Error 0x80073701 completely. You can also visit our website for more information.