Error code 0x80244018 typically occurs in Windows Update when there is a problem connecting to the update servers. This Windows 10 Update error code 0x80244018 can be caused by several issues, including network connectivity problems, misconfigured settings, or issues with the Windows Update service itself.
Solutions to resolve the Windows Error Code 0x80244018:
Check your network connection:
Make sure that your net connection is stable and working or not . If you are using a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection to see if that helps to resolve Update Error Code 0x80244018.
Disable the Proxy Settings to fix Error Code 0x80244018 :
- Right-press on Start menu and choose Settings from the menu list.
- Select to Network and Internet on another screen.
- From the left pane side, click on Proxy.
- Automatic to proxy setup, toggle off the option for Automatically detect settings.
- Go to Manual proxy settings and disable the toggle for User a proxy server.
SFC SCAN to fix Error 0x80244018:
- Go to thestart menu and type CMD on the search Field.
- ClickRight side on the command prompt and press on the Run as an administrator option.
- Type command and press
- It takes some period of time to scan and repair the issue. Once it gets complete close the screen.
DISM Scanning Tool
- Open command prompt
- By running it as an Administrator.
- Type the following given commands one by one on the command line and click
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Check health
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
- It acquires a bit time to scan a repair the issue. So, wait for few minutes.
- Type Exit and click
Check your firewall settings:
Make sure that your firewall is not blocking the Windows Update service from accessing the internet. You can try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if that helps.
The steps to check the firewall settings depend on the operating system you are using. Here are the steps for the three most common operating systems:
- Press to the “Start” menu and type “Windows Security” in the search bar field.
- Click on to “Windows Security” from the search results.
- Click on “Firewall & network protection”.
- Here, you will see the status of your firewall.
- You can click on “Allow an app through firewall” to configure which apps can access the internet
Disable Windows Defender Firewall:
- Go to the Search Field in the Start button on the taskbar Type Firewalland press Enter.
- Click to “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or turn off in the left pane side.
- Go to the Private network settings
- Check the Option Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. Select OK.
- Go to the next, public network settingssection check the option Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. Select OK
Restart the Windows Update service:
Sometimes the Windows Update service may get stuck or become unresponsive.
- To restart the service
- Open the Services app from the Start menu.
- Locate the Windows Update service,
- Right-click on it
- Select Restart.
Run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter:
Windows has a built-in trouble-shooter that can help diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.
To run the trouble-shooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
Clear the Windows Update cache:
Sometimes the Windows Update cache can become corrupted, which can cause issues with updating.
- To clear the cache, open Command Prompt as administrator, and type the following commands:net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserverren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.oldnet start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
Manually download and install updates:
If none of the above solutions work, you can try manually downloading and installing the updates from the Microsoft Update CatLog website.
- Right-click on the Start menu.
- Choose Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, Go through the list on the left-hand side.
- Windows Update would be the last option. Choose it.
- In the right-side pane, click on to Check for updates to manually run Windows updates.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will resolve the Windows 10/11 Update Error code 0x80244018 and allow you to update your Windows system successfully.Still persists, please initiate the chat, One of our Certified Microsoft technicians will help you.